* The Twins have won eight of their 14 matchups with the White Sox this season. Their eight victories against Chicago are tied for their most victories against any opponent this season (8 wins vs. KC).
* The White Sox, who have split their last six contests overall, will be looking to win consecutive games for the first time since July 31-August 1.
* The Twins, who have just two wins in their last nine games, have posted 177 extra base hits since July 1 – the most in the majors in that span.
* Chicago has won six of Hector Noesi’s eight starts since the All-Star break. Noesi is 2-0 with a 2.91 ERA in three career starts against Minnesota.
* Tommy Milone will be making his fifth start since being traded to Minnesota at the trade deadline and will be seeking his first win for them. Milone is 1-0 with a 0.86 ERA in three career starts against the White Sox.
* Jose Abreu is hitting .500 (21-for-42) during his current 12-game hitting streak. Abreu needs just one more RBI to become just the fourth rookie in White Sox history to reach 100.