* The Yankees have the majors’ longest active win streak against the White Sox (five games), despite not punching out double-digit hits once over their last nine games against Chicago.
* The Yankees, who have lost back-to-back games for the first time since July 5-7, have still scored at least six runs in six of their last eight games (7.5 runs per game over stretch).
* The White Sox, who have won six of their last seven games (all on road), have lost four consecutive home games for the first time since a similar four-game home losing streak August 18-26, 2014.
* With an 0-for-3 performance against the Red Sox on Thursday, Melky Cabrera’s streak of seven straight games with multiple hits came to an end. Cabrera’s streak is tied for the second-longest such streak in the majors this season (Jose Altuve, nine games, April 22 – May 1).
* Nathan Eovaldi has not allowed more than three runs once over his last seven starts – the sixth-longest active such streak among American League pitchers.
* Mark Teixeira hit a pair of home runs on Thursday to give him 26 for the season, which is one more than he hit in 2013 (three) and 2014 (22) combined.