* St. Louis leads the all-time series against the White Sox, 12-9, including a 9-3 mark against them at home. These teams will be meeting for the first time since the 2012 campaign when the Cardinals won two of the three matchups between the clubs.
* The White Sox are 2-10 away from home since June 4 – the worst road record in the majors in that span. Chicago has lost four consecutive interleague contests and each of its last five overall road series.
* The Cardinals have won six straight and 13 of their last 16 games overall. St. Louis will be looking to win 10 consecutive home games for the first time since the 2004 campaign.
* Chris Sale is 0-2 with a 2.95 ERA in his last three starts after going 3-0 with a 0.40 ERA in his previous three outings. Sale, who will be making the 100th start of his ML career, is 4-0 with a 2.08 ERA in eight career interleague starts and will be facing the Cardinals for the first time.
* Lance Lynn has faced the White Sox once in his career – posting a victory over them back on June 13, 2012 when he struck out a career-high 12 batters. St. Louis has won each of Lynn’s last four starts overall.
* Yadier Molina is hitting .357 in interleague play this season – the third-highest batting average in IL play in the majors (minimum 50 at-bats). Molina is hitting .111 in his career against the White Sox – the lowest batting average in his career against any opponent (minimum 6 games).