* Kansas City has won two of three games against the White Sox this year, and has won the season series between the teams each year since 2011. The Royals are 60-36 (.625) in the series since that year.
* The Royals scored 22 runs on 41 hits in winning two of three games against Minnesota this week, both season highs for them in a series (any length). They have won four consecutive series, taking two of three games in all four.
* The White Sox lost the final three games of a four-game series with the Indians this week, and now lead the AL Central by just 0.5 games over Cleveland. Chicago has been in first place of the division every day since the morning of April 23.
* Jose Abreu has gone 3-for-4 in each of his last two games – his only two this season with more than two hits. He’s batting .289 this month after hitting .229 through the end of April.
* Eric Hosmer is just 3-for-29 (.103) over his last seven games, with 11 strikeouts and no walks. Six of those seven games have come against AL Central opponents, against whom he’s batting .190 for the season (11/58); he has a .350 batting average versus teams outside the division (41/117).
* Danny Duffy has posted a 0.50 ERA over his last 12 appearances – 10 in relief (1 ER/10.2 IP) and the last two as a starter (0 ER/7.1 IP). He has an 11.0 inning scoreless streak entering today’s start.