* The Tigers and White Sox have split their six meetings so far in 2015, with the home team winning each three-game series.
* The White Sox return home after going 5-6 on their 11-game road trip. Chicago has scored three or fewer runs in each of its last seven home contests (2-5); that is the White Sox’s longest such single-season streak since scoring three or fewer runs in seven consecutive home contests, September 4-17, 1989.
* The Tigers have been outscored 44 to 17 during their current seven-game skid. This Detroit’s longest single-season losing streak since dropping seven in a row, April 26-May 2, 2011.
* Gordon Beckham went 1-for-4 in Thursday’s contest against the Rangers, extending his hitting streak to six games. Beckham is batting .381 (8/21) during this streak.
* The Tigers have won the last eight games that David Price has started against AL Central opponents, with Price himself going 4-0 with a 1.80 (12/60.0) ERA in those contests.
* John Danks is coming off a 6-0 complete-game victory over the Astros on May 31. It was his third career shutout, but his first since August 27, 2011 (3-0 vs Sea).