* The Tigers were postponed due to inclement weather yesterday but split the two games they played with the Royals to move to 1-4 on the year, their worst five-game start to a season since going 0-5 in 2008.
* Detroit has allowed one run in three games this season, as it leads the AL in games allowing one or zero runs. However, the Tigers have suffered two 1-0 losses already in 2018 after having three such games last year.
* The White Sox lost their first two games in Toronto before winning the series finale yesterday, 4-3. Chicago has 14 home runs this season, tied for the third-most through five games of a season in MLB history (2006 Tigers – 17; 1998 Mariners – 15; 1997 Rockies – 14).
* Chicago has won or tied seven straight home series against the Tigers, its longest active streak versus a single opponent and tied for its third-longest all-time streak against Detroit (11 from 1951-1953; nine from 1901-1903).
* Since being traded to the White Sox on June 4, 2016, James Shields has a 5.99 ERA, third highest in MLB in that span (minimum 200 IP), besting only today’s opposing starter, Jordan Zimmermann (6.59), and Ubaldo Jimenez (6.01).
* Jordan Zimmermann allowed four runs (all earned) in six innings in his Opening Day start while also striking out eight Pirates, his most in a game since striking out nine Twins on May 16, 2016. Zimmermann has a 6.82 ERA in six starts against the White Sox since 2016.