* The St. Louis Cardinals are the only major-league club yet to lose a game this season against a team currently below .500.
* The Cardinals will be facing a White Sox team that has averaged nearly two more runs per game on the road than at home in 2018 (2.83 home vs. 4.80 road).
* Carlos Martinez was outstanding on the mound for the Cardinals in the month of April with a 0.54 ERA.
* Lucas Giolito has had some control issues thus far, walking 21 batters in his first five starts this season.
* Yoan Moncada, who turns 23 at the end of this month, currently leads the White Sox with 15 extra-base hits this season.