* The White Sox and Cardinals will play each other in an interleague game for the first time since 2015. The road team won each of the four games in 2015 and two of the games were decided by one run.
* The White Sox combined for nine home runs in five games against the Royals in their last series. The Sox are one of four teams with three players that have homered at least six times this season.
* St. Louis was swept by Pittsburgh in their last series. The Cardinals put up just 15 hits in the series, their fewest hits in a three-game set since September 12, 2016 against the Cubs (11 total hits).
* Tim Anderson has five multi-hit games in his last eight games along with his solo home run against the Royals on Saturday. He is batting .311 since April 20 after batting .232 in all games previously.
* Tommy Pham has an on-base percentage of .457 so far this season. It is the highest OBP by a Cardinals player before May since 2009 MVP Albert Pujols (.461, minimum 100 PA).
* Michael Wacha is 4-1 through five starts this season. This is his best start to a season since he went 4-0 through five games in 2015, the year he made his first and only All-Star appearance.