* Chicago lost, 5-4, in 12 innings to the Orioles at Camden Yards last night, and has now dropped nine of its last 10 road games overall. The White Sox have lost 13 times in their opponents’ last at-bat this season – tied with Boston for most in the AL.
* The Blue Jays dropped a 5-3 decision to the Yankees on Wednesday – their fifth setback in the last eight games at Rogers Centre overall. Including a 10-hit performance vs. New York last night, Toronto has recorded three straight double-digit hit games (tied for its season-high).
* This is the first meeting of the season between the Sox and Jays. Dating to the beginning of 2010, these two clubs have played 32 times, and each has won 16 of those games.
* Relegated to bullpen duty since the middle of last month, Scott Carroll will be making his sixth start of 2014, but first since May 19 in Kansas City. Carroll is 1-3 with a 6.15 ERA in the first five MLB starts of his career.
* J.A. Happ lasted just 4.0 innings and allowed a season-high eight runs (seven earned) in his last start vs. the Reds on June 21, and including that setback, has alternated wins and losses in each of his last six outings overall (WLWLWL). Happ is 0-2 with a 6.75 ERA in two career starts against the White Sox.
* Adam Eaton went 4-for-5 in last night’s loss, and is now batting .417 (20-for-48) during his current 12-game hitting streak. Eaton is one of three different White Sox who are riding 10+ game hitting streaks (Abreu – 10, Gillaspie – 10).