* Tampa Bay is 7-2 against the White Sox over the last two seasons, holding them to 3.1 runs per game. The Rays won two of three games at home against Chicago from April 15-17, their only previous series matchup this year.
* The Rays were swept in three games at home versus Boston over the weekend, and have lost six of their last seven games overall. Tampa Bay’s 90 losses for the season are its most since going 66-96 in 2007.
* At 74-81, Chicago’s next loss will ensure the club’s fourth consecutive losing season. That would be the team’s longest such streak since a four-season stretch from 1986-89.
* Todd Frazier has hit safely in nine straight games, with three home runs, six RBI, and 10 runs scored over that span. His only career hit streak of 10+ games was a 14-gamer in April/May 2014 with Cincinnati.
* James Shields is the third pitcher in MLB history with at least 18 losses, 35 home runs allowed, and an ERA over 5.50 in a season. The others were Matt Keough with the 1982 A’s and Darrell May with the 2004 Royals.
* Brad Miller’s 30 home runs this year are the most among players whose primary 2016 position is shortstop. No MLB shortstop had hit 30 home runs in a season (based on primary position that season) since both J.J. Hardy (Orioles) and Troy Tulowitzki (Rockies) did so in 2011.