* The White Sox beat the Rangers, 4-1, yesterday at U.S. Cellular Field, winning all three games over the weekend, and completing their second sweep of the season (also April 11-14 at Minnesota). Chicago has allowed one run or fewer nine times in 2016 – most of any MLB team.
* Toronto beat Oakland, 6-3, on Sunday at Rogers Centre, taking two of three from the A’s over the weekend. At 10-10, the Blue Jays are at the .500 mark for the fifth time in 2016 – tied for third most in the majors.
* Chicago took four of seven meetings with Toronto in 2015. The White Sox have won the season series vs. the Blue Jays every year since 2012.
* Acquired via free agency before the season started, Miguel Gonzalez is set to make his first start for the White Sox tonight. Gonzalez is 3-0 with a 1.64 ERA in his last four outings vs. the Blue Jays at Rogers Centre (since September 15, 2013).
* Marcus Stroman went 7.0 innings and allowed three runs (all earned) six days ago in Baltimore, beating the Orioles, and improving to 3-0 on the year. Dating to September 20, 2014, Stroman is 8-0 with a 2.93 ERA in his last nine starts overall.
* Chicago is 13-6 this season – its best record through 19 games since beginning the 2006 season with the same record.