* These clubs will be playing a doubleheader today/tonight, making up a game postponed back on July 27.
* The White Sox dropped a 6-3 decision in Cleveland yesterday, losing two of three over the weekend to the Indians, and falling to 4-7 in their last 11 games overall. Chicago needs to finish the season 11-3 to avoid its third straight sub-.500 campaign.
* Detroit lost, 10-3, to Kansas City at home on Sunday, snapping a four-game winning streak with the setback – its second-longest win streak of the season (won first six games of 2015). The Tigers have allowed 10+ runs an MLB-high tying 16 times this season (tied with Boston and Colorado).
* Detroit has taken seven of 12 meetings with Chicago this season, including four of six games at Comerica Park. The Tigers haven’t lost the season series to the White Sox since 2008.
* Jeff Samardzija allowed a career-high 10 runs (all earned) in just 3.0 IP last Tuesday vs. the Cardinals, taking the loss, and falling to 1-8 with a 9.24 ERA in his last nine starts. Samardzija is 1-1 with a 3.94 ERA in four career starts (all this year) against the Tigers.
* Kyle Ryan, who turns 24 years old on Friday, is 0-2 with a 6.08 ERA in five starts this season. Ryan’s only career win as an MLB starter came on August 30, 2014 vs. the White Sox (6.0 IP, 0 ER).
* Jose Abreu went 2-for-3 with two RBI on Sunday, and is now batting .458 (11-for-24) with two home runs and nine runs batted in during his current six-game hitting streak. Abreu has a .336 batting average (7 HR, 21 RBI) in 31 career games vs. the Tigers.
Chicago White Sox at Detroit – Game 2
* Erik Johnson went 6.0 innings and allowed three runs (all earned) last Wednesday vs. the A’s, taking the win, and improving to 3-0 with a 3.86 ERA in his last six MLB starts (dating to April 15, 2014). Johnson is 1-1 with a 3.48 ERA in two career starts vs. the Tigers.
* Randy Wolf allowed two runs (both earned) in just 3.0 IP eight days ago in Cleveland, garnering a no-decision, and remaining winless in five starts since joining the Tigers on August 22 (0-3 record). Wolf is 0-1 with a 6.46 ERA in three career starts vs. the White Sox.