* The White Sox took three of four games in Oakland to open the 2016 season (April 4-7) in the only previous series between these teams this year. Chicago is 10-3 in its last 13 games versus the A’s going back to September 2014.
* After going 17-8 with a 2.72 team ERA in April – both best in the American League – the White Sox have gone 40-55 with a 4.44 ERA. They’ve had a losing record in each post-April month, including a 6-9 mark in August.
* Oakland has lost five straight games overall, and is 1-8 in its last nine road games. The A’s are 24-34 on the road this year despite winning each of their first seven road contests of the 2016 season.
* Danny Valencia ranks among the AL leaders in road batting average (.340, second), road on-base percentage (.398, third), and road slugging (.633, first; all minimum 125 PA on road).
* Over a third of Todd Frazier’s hits this season have been home runs (31/90, 34.4 percent). That would be the second-highest rate by any player in franchise history, behind Adam Dunn in 2012 (37.3 percent; minimum 3.1 PA/Team G).
* James Shields has allowed 21 earned runs in 9.1 innings over his last three starts, a 20.25 ERA. He has an MLB-high seven starts this season allowing six or more earned runs.