* The Twins beat the Royals, 7-6, in Kansas City on Thursday, their first win in Kauffman Stadium this season after losing their first nine games there. Minnesota is assured of finishing with the worst record in MLB for the first time since 1999.
* The White Sox lost to the Rays, 5-3, in Chicago on Thursday, missing out on a four-game sweep. The White Sox will finish in fourth place in the AL Central for the second year in a row, and they have not made the playoffs since winning the division in 2008.
* The White Sox have dominated the series between these teams, going 11-5 against the Twins. They have been especially dominant at home, taking five of the six matchups. In those six games, Chicago has posted a 3.00 ERA, compared to 6.06 by the Twins.
* Tyler Duffey allowed two runs (both earned) in 7.0 innings against the Mariners on Saturday, picking up his ninth win of the season. It has been a difficult season for Duffey, who has posted a 6.18 ERA in 25 starts this year, after recording a 3.10 ERA in ten starts last season.
* Carlos Rodon threw 8.0 shutout innings against the Indians on Sunday in his longest start of the season, and just his third allowing zero runs. In four starts against the Twins this season, Rodon is 2-1 with a 4.32 ERA.
* Kennys Vargas loves playing against the White Sox. He’s hit .324 against them in his career, his highest batting average versus any opponent against whom he has at least 25 plate appearances.