* The Royals are 5-1 against the White Sox so far in 2016, including winning two of three in Chicago. Those three contests were very low scoring; Kansas City had eight runs to Chicago’s five.
* Kansas City has been held to one or zero runs in each of their last six games. The last team to score one or zero runs in 7+ consecutive contests was the Oakland A’s, who had a seven-game streak, September 12-17, 1978. The all-time MLB mark is nine straight games, set by the Houston Colt 45s, June 18-25, 1963.
* The White Sox defeated the Nationals 3-1 on Thursday, snapping their five-game losing streak. It was the 19th time this season that Chicago has given up no more than one run in a game (18-1); that is tied with the Cubs for the most in the majors.
* Eric Hosmer is batting .375 (9/24) with eight runs batted in against the White Sox so far in 2016. The eight RBI are the most by any Kansas City player versus any single opponent this season.
* Players batting No. 1 in an opponent’s order are hitting just .103 (3/29) against Ian Kennedy this season. That is the second-lowest opponent BA in the majors (minimum 30 BFP vs. No. 1 hitters).
* After winning nine consecutive starts to open the 2016 season, Chris Sale is 0-2 with a 6.48 (12/16.2) ERA over his last three. The lefty allowed two runs in seven innings in his May 29 start versus the Royals, receiving a no decision.