* Chicago won, 6-5, on Thursday at home versus the Twins to win the three-game series against Minnesota, 2-1. The White Sox gave up two home runs in the game, just the 19th time this season that Chicago has allowed multiple home runs in a game (fewest in the AL).
* The Astros completed the three-game sweep by beating the Angels, 10-4, in Anaheim on Wednesday. Houston is 10-1 since June 18, the second-best record in MLB behind only Cleveland (12-0).
* The Astros won two games against the White Sox in a three-game series at U.S. Cellular Field earlier this season when the two teams last met in May. Including the postseason, the Astros are 9-9 at home versus the White Sox all-time (6-4 since joining the AL in 2013).
* Miguel Gonzalez picked up his third loss of the year on Saturday when the White Sox lost to the Blue Jays, 10-8, allowing eight runs (all earned) over 5.1 innings. The eight earned runs allowed set a new career high; Gonzalez has allowed a total of 10 earned runs over his previous four starts.
* Mike Fiers did not receive a decision on Saturday, giving up two earned runs over 4.1 innings in a 13-5 win over the Royals at Kauffman Stadium. Fiers has failed to pitch at least five innings in three of his 14 starts this season after failing to do so in just three of his 30 starts last season.
* Jose Altuve is currently on an 11-game hit streak over which he has hit .444 with a 1.246 OPS. Altuve went 4-for-5 in the Astros’ win over the Angels on Wednesday, his fourth four-hit game on the year (most in MLB).