* The Cardinals have lost just one of their last 13 series at home against the Cubs (10 series wins, two ties), while winning 29 of their last 41 games at Busch Stadium against the Cubs.
* The Cardinals have begun the season 26-7 at home, and have won six consecutive games at home – their fourth win streak of at least five games at home this season.
* The Cubs, who have won back-to-back road games and are 19-17 on the road this season, have just one road win streak longer than two games this season (four games, April 11-21).
* Jhonny Peralta leads the Cardinals in hits, home runs and RBI. Since RBI became an official stat in 1920, only three other NL shortstops have ever led their team in all three.
* Starlin Castro has hits in his last 10 games when facing the Cardinals, which is the second-longest active streak against them (Jose Altuve, 12).
* Anthony Rizzo has punched out exactly two hits in nine of his last 11 games away from home. Since June 4, Rizzo is the only National Leaguer with more than six multi-hit games on the road.