CHICAGO (AP) — The Chicago Cubs finalized a $1.5 million, one-year contract with outfielder Jake Marisnick on Saturday.
Marisnick will make $1 million this season. The deal includes a $4 million mutual option for 2022 with a $500,000 buyout.
The 29-year-old Marisnick hit .333 with two homers and five RBIs in 16 games with the New York Mets last year. But he is known more for his defense in center field.
LATEST WGN HEADLINES:
- The Chicago Wolves are enjoying a historic start to their 2021 season
- Lunchbreak: Spinach and Cheese Artopitas
- Breaking down the special enrollment period for PPP loans designed to help small businesses
- Midday Fix: Snow, Freeze, Thaw – it’s pothole season! Expert advice on how to inspect your car and what to do.
- The importance of journalism and diversity in news organizations: A virtual discussion with 3 broadcast legends