* Cincinnati has posted 58 wins against the Cubs since the beginning of the 2010 season – its most wins versus any opponent in that span.
* The Cubs have won three consecutive games and will be looking to win four in a row for the first time since June 30-July 4.
* The Reds have won each of their last two games after posting just two victories in their previous 14 contests. Cincinnati leads the season series with the Cubs, 9-4.
* Former Red, Travis Wood, is winless (0-6) in his last 12 starts and will be seeking his first victory since June 15. Wood is 1-5 with a 3.68 ERA in eight career starts against Cincinnati.
* Johnny Cueto, who will be looking to become baseball’s first 16-game winner this season, has just one loss in his last nine starts (the loss came in his last start – last Wednesday against St. Louis). Cueto is 5-0 with a 1.30 ERA in his last six starts against the Cubs.
* Billy Hamilton is one steal shy of becoming just the third Cincinnati Reds’ player to reach 50 stolen bases in a single season since 1990 (1997, Deion Sanders had 56; 1995, Barry Larkin had 51).