* The Cubs’ walkoff victory over the Padres on Saturday was their ninth since June 1 of last year, tied with the Padres and Yankees for the most walkoff wins over that span.
* Jon Lester has held opponent right-handed batters to a .275 on-base percentage since the start of last season, 5th-best among left-handed MLB starters in that time.
* Andrew Cashner has struggled to win day games over his career, despite posting a 3.20 career ERA in day games, going 2-8.
* Starlin Castro had three hits on Saturday (including the game-winner in the 11th inning) and is now hitting .317 this season. Since he entered the league in 2010, Castro has more hits as shortstop than any other player and only three qualifiers have a higher batting average when playing shortstop.
* Kris Bryant struck out three times in his MLB debut on Friday but followed that performance up with three walks on Saturday. Bryant also added two hits on Saturday, making him the first Cubs rookie with at least three walks and two hits in a game since Randy Hundley on August 29, 1966.