* The Cubs and Angels have played 10 games against each other, with each team winning five contests. The Angels have scored a total of 58 runs and the Cubs 56 runs in those 10 games.
* Chicago went 97-65 last season, the third-most wins in the majors and earned a wild-card berth into the National League playoffs. The Cubs’ season ended with a loss to the Mets in the National League Championship Series.
* Los Angeles went 85-77 in 2015, finishing one game out of the final playoff spot in the American League. The Angels were not eliminated from postseason contention until the final day of the regular season.
* From July 29 to the end of the regular season, the Cubs went 45-18. Their .714 winning percentage was the highest in Major League Baseball over the span.
* Jake Arrieta posted a 0.75 earned run average after the All-Star break last season, the lowest post All-Star break ERA in a season in MLB history (minimum 70 innings pitched).
* Mike Trout hit 41 home runs and Albert Pujols hit 40 home runs in 2015, becoming the first pair of Angles teammates ever to hit 40 or more home runs in the same season.