* It’s only the middle of June, and yet all three National League division leaders (Cubs, Giants, Nats) already have at least a five-game cushion. This is the earliest that has ever occurred in the NL since the six-division era began in 1994.
* Danny Espinosa is coming off of a recent stretch where he homered eight times in a 15-game span, something only three other shortstops in the last decade have done.
* Stephen Strasburg is trying to become only the second NL pitcher in the live-ball era (since 1920) to begin the season 11-0 as a starter. Andy Hawkins was the other in 1985 with the Padres.
* When the Chicago Cubs reach the four-run mark, the game is pretty much over since their record when scoring four-plus this year is 40-2.
* Jason Hammel has never lost against the Nationals (9-0).