* St. Louis swept four games from the Reds this weekend to move two games above .500 for the season overall (9-7). It was the Cardinals’ first four-game sweep since July 2016 (versus San Diego), as well as their first four-game sweep at Cincinnati since July 1949.
* The Cubs were postponed by inclement weather on Sunday and Monday. The last time they played was Thursday when Chicago overcame an eight-run deficit in a 14-10 victory over Atlanta. It was the Cubs’ largest comeback victory since 2011. They’re now averaging 8.7 runs in their seven victories this season, but only 1.6 runs in their seven losses.
* The Cubs went 14-5 against the Cardinals last season, posting their highest winning percentage (.737) in the series since 1978 (15-3, .833). In addition, St. Louis went 1-8 at Wrigley Field, its worst mark there since going winless over nine games at Wrigley in 1918.
* Tommy Pham has hit in five straight games, raising his 2018 batting average from .231 to .322 in the process. Pham is 10-for-20 (.500) over the five games and currently is tied for third with 15 runs scored this season.
* Adam Wainwright has lost his first two decisions of the season for the third straight year (started 0-3 in 2016 and 2017). However, Wainwright’s 10-2 career record at Wrigley Field represents the highest winning percentage (.833) ever at the park (minimum 10 decisions).
* Javier Baez drove in four runs on Saturday for the second time in four days (also last Wednesday). His 14 RBI this season are the most by any player who currently sports a sub-.200 batting average (Baez at .191).