* The Cubs have won three straight and seven of their last eight games against the Reds, including four of the five matchups between the clubs this season. Cincinnati has 61 victories against the Cubs since the beginning of the 2010 campaign – the most wins by any team against Chicago in that span.
* The Reds are outscoring their opponents 26-8 during their current season high-tying four-game winning streak. Cincinnati has just one win in its last 10 road games, while the Cubs have just two victories in their last six at Wrigley Field.
* In his most recent start last Friday, Tsuyoshi Wada allowed five runs on nine hits in 3.2 innings of work – suffering his first loss of the season. Wada will be facing the Reds for the second time in his career after making his ML debut against them back on July 8, 2014 (no decision in a 6-5 Chicago loss).
* Michael Lorenzen has posted quality starts in three straight and four of his six starts overall so far this season. Lorenzen will be facing the Cubs for the first time in his career.
* Anthony Rizzo is hitting .389 (7-for-18) in his five meetings against the Reds this season, while homering in two of his last three against them. Rizzo has 10 home runs versus the Reds since the beginning of the 2014 season – the most homers by a ML player against Cincinnati in that span.
* Todd Frazier is batting .545 (12-for-22) with four doubles, one homer and seven runs during his current five-game hitting streak, while producing multiple hits in three straight and in eight of his last 13 games overall. Frazier has 12 doubles in his career against the Cubs – the most in his career against any opponent.