* Not only have the Cubs allowed double-digit runs in back-to-back games, but they also did so the last time they hosted the Braves in a series (July 12-13, 2014).
* The Cubs have scored at least five runs on 11 occasions since August 4 – three more times than any other National League team over that span.
* The Braves have punched out fewer than 10 hits in each of their last nine games – the longest active streak in the majors.
* No active player has stolen more bases against the Cubs than Michael Bourn (28), who has not stolen a single base in 10 games with the Braves this season.
* Jake Arrieta has allowed a total of just 12 earned runs over his last 11 starts. Arrieta’s 1.35 ERA since June 17 is the second-lowest in the majors (Zack Greinke 1.16) among pitchers with at least 55 innings pitched over that span.
* Kyle Schwarber, who has hit a home run in back-to-back games, has scored 33 runs and knocked in 31 runs over his first 36 games. Only two other players (Joe DiMaggio and Adam Dunn) have recorded at least 30 runs and 30 RBI over the first 36 games of their MLB careers.