* The Marlins played errorless ball for the ninth game in a row on Wednesday, matching the Pirates for the longest active streak in the majors. Miami leads MLB with just two errors total in June.
* The Cubs were swept for the first time this season, dropping all three games to the Cardinals at Wrigley Field. It was the first time Chicago was swept at home since July 24-26, 2015 against Philadelphia.
* Marcell Ozuna was 2-for-4 with his fifth triple of the season in Wednesday’s win over the Braves. Ozuna is one of just two players with at least 10 doubles, five triples, and 15 homers on the year, along with Jay Bruce of the Reds.
* Jason Heyward clubbed four home runs in six games against the Marlins last year while playing for the Cardinals. Heyward’s 11 career homers versus Miami are his most against any opponent.
* Wei-Yin Chen lasted a career-worst 2.1 innings in his start against the Rockies on Sunday. Chen allowed a season-high six runs, his most since also giving up six against the Tigers on July 31, 2015.
* Jon Lester is 5-0 with a 1.24 ERA in his last five starts. The five-start winning streak is the second longest of Lester’s career, just one off his best run of six starts with a win from August 27 – September 25, 2010.