* The Diamondbacks took two of three games from the Cubs at Chase Field last year, improving to 13-4 versus Chicago at home since May 2011. The Cubs haven’t won a series at Arizona since sweeping three games there in July 2010.
* The Cubs outscored the Angels, 15-1, while winning both games of their season-opening series. It’s the first time Chicago has opened 2-0 since winning its first four games in 1995.
* After going 24-8 in Cactus League play, becoming the only team to win more than 19 times in spring training, Arizona opened the regular season by losing two of three games to Colorado. The Diamondbacks did hit .310 as a team in the opening series, but its pitching staff also surrendered a .294 batting average.
* Dexter Fowler, who almost left the Cubs this offseason, helped ignite their offense by going 5-for-8 and scoring four runs over their first two wins. Against right-handed pitching in particular, Fowler went 4-for-5 and slugged 1.600 (double and home run).
* John Lackey will be making his first start for the Cubs after establishing a career best with a 2.77 ERA for the Cardinals last season. Lackey is 2-0 with a 1.80 ERA over three career starts versus Arizona.
* Rubby De La Rosa was the only Diamondbacks pitcher to win 10 games last year when he went 14-9 while leading the club in starts (32), innings (188.2) and strikeouts (150). But his 32 home runs allowed were the third most in the majors.