* The Chicago Cubs won yesterday’s game, 5-4, despite giving up a grand slam in the first inning, something they have now done only five times in franchise history.
* John Lackey has recorded a quality start in each of his last 10 starts, tied for the second-longest active streak in the majors after Madison Bumgarner’s 12.
* Anthony Rizzo is expected to return to the lineup on Saturday. His 1.224 OPS this month is the highest by any Cubs player in a single month since Derrek Lee in September of 2009.
* Marcell Ozuna already has six more home runs this season (16) than he did over the entire 2015 season (10).
* The Marlins are the only team in the majors with over half of their home runs coming from their outfielders. (55.4% 36/65)