* The Cubs won two of three games in Colorado earlier this month, including season highs of 16 runs and 18 hits in a 16-5 win on April 20. The Rockies won the season series last year, 5-2.
* Chicago is coming off a four-game home sweep of the Brewers in which it held Milwaukee to two runs combined over the four games, registering three shutouts. It was the fewest runs the Cubs have allowed in a four-game series in nearly 100 years – they also allowed two in four games versus the Pirates from June 2-4, 1919.
* Colorado followed up a 1-0 win in Miami on Friday with losses on Saturday (4-1) and Sunday (3-0). They were held under two runs in all three games, after scoring fewer than two runs in just one previous game this season.
* Charlie Blackmon has scored a run in each of his last seven games against the Cubs (12 runs total), going 10-for-26 (.385) with three homers and six RBI in those contests.
* Javier Baez leads the NL with 26 RBI this season. That’s the second-most RBI by a Cubs player prior to May in any season since RBI became an official statistic in 1920 (Derrek Lee, 28 in 2005).
* Jon Lester started at least 30 games in each of the past 10 seasons (2008-17), the longest active streak in the majors. He is 1-3 with a 2.73 ERA in four career starts versus the Rockies.