* The Cardinals have dominated the Cubs at Busch Stadium over the past four years, going 26-11. St. Louis has captured nine of the 12 series (two series losses and one series tie).
* The Cubs have mustered a grand total of six runs while losing three of their past four games. They have dropped two in a row for the just the second time this season. And the Cubs’ series loss (1-2) to Milwaukee this weekend was just their second of 2015.
* The Cardinals have posted three consecutive walk-off wins for the eighth time since 1912. Only once since then have they won four straight walk-offs, doing so between August 30 and September 1 in 1938 (includes double-header on August 31).
* By going 9-for-19 (.474) over his last five games, Miguel Montero has raised his season average from .176 to .283. The nine hits surpass Montero’s total over his previous 14 games combined (6).
* Travis Wood has lost six times to the Cardinals since 2012, tying three other pitchers for the most defeats versus St. Louis over that span. Wood’s 13 home runs allowed against the Cardinals since 2012 also are the most by any pitcher.
* Carlos Martinez has gone at least six innings while surrendering no more than two runs in each of his last four starts. He currently ranks fourth in the National League with a 1.73 ERA. Martinez has allowed just one hit in 17 at-bats (.059) with runners in scoring position.