* The Cubs took three of four from the Diamondbacks April 7-10, outscoring them 27-14 over the four games. Chicago swept their three-game home series versus Arizona in 2015.
* The Diamondbacks defeated Houston 3-0 on Thursday; it was their third shut out of the season. Arizona has shut out the Cubs 12 times in franchise history, but not since April 29, 2009.
* The Cubs have only allowed 49 runs with two outs in 2016, which not only is the fewest in the majors, it is 19 fewer runs allowed than the team that ranks second (Was, 68).
* Ben Zobrist has 35 total runs batted in so far in 2016; 22 of those have come with two outs, which leads the majors.
* Archie Bradley has walked 30 batters in his 53.1 career innings of work in the majors. That 5.06 BB /9 IP rate is the seventh highest in the majors since the start of last season (minimum 50 IP).
* John Lackey had an excellent month of May, going 2-1 with a 2.09 (10/43.0) ERA, going 6+ innings while allowing no more than three runs or six hits in any of his six starts. Lackey is undefeated (3-0) in his four career starts against the Diamondbacks.