* The Cubs beat the Brewers, 9-6, in Chicago on Thursday to complete a four-game sweep. The Cubs have been red-hot since the All-Star break, posting an MLB-best 24-8 record in the second half, and they’ve gone 14-2 in the month of August.
* The Rockies beat the Nationals, 12-10, in Denver on Wednesday in the series rubber match. It was just their third win in their last 11 games, a stretch that has seen them drop from 3.0 games back in the NL wild card race to 6.5 games back.
* The Rockies took two of three from the Cubs at Wrigley in April, but the Cubs have won four of their last six at Coors Field. But in those last six matchups in Denver, the Rockies have outscored the Cubs, 35-32, and outhit them 70-48, posting double-digit hits in five of the six games, compared to just one for Chicago.
* Kyle Hendricks allowed two runs (both earned) in 7.0 innings against the Cardinals on Saturday, getting a no-decision. Even though it increased, his 2.19 ERA is still the second-best in MLB, behind only Clayton Kershaw (1.79).
* Tyler Anderson allowed four runs (all earned) in just 3.0 innings against the Phillies on Saturday, picking up his fourth loss of the season. Even with the rough outing, Anderson has had a quality start in seven of his last nine outings, and it was only the second time all season he has allowed more than three runs.
* Kris Bryant had his second five-hit, two-homer game of the season on Thursday against the Brewers. The rest of MLB has three such games combined. The feat has also been accomplished by C.J. Cron, Wilmer Flores, and Yasmani Grandal.