* Denver beat Chicago in the last meeting, a 114-109 victory last November 25, and the Nuggets have won six of the last seven games in this series. The Bulls are 6-2 (.750) all-time when playing on New Year’s Day, which is the third-best mark among active franchises; Denver is 5-3 (.625) on January 1, which is tied for eighth best.
* The Nuggets lost to the Lakers at home on Tuesday, 111-103, for their second straight defeat, fourth in the last five, and 11th in their last 15 contests. Denver has given up 100 points in its last five games, which is tied for the fourth-longest active streak.
* The Bulls lost at home to Brooklyn on Tuesday, 96-82, to snap a seven-game winning streak. After winning only two of their first seven home games this season, the Bulls are 6-1 at home since December 10.
* Joakim Noah has a career average of 11.0 rebounds per game when playing Denver, which is the third-highest career mark against them among active players; he also is averaging 10.8 points versus the Nuggets, making him one of nine active players averaging a career double-double against the Nuggets (minimum 10 games for both).
* Mike Dunleavy led the Bulls with 23 points in Tuesday’s loss to the Nets; he had scored a total of 20 points in his previous five games combined.
* Ty Lawson is averaging 10.3 assists per game, just percentage points behind John Wall for the NBA lead; only two Nuggets have dished out double-digit assists in a season — Mark Jackson with 12.3 in 1996-97 and Michael Adams with 10.5 in 1990-91.