* The home team won all three meetings between these teams last season: the Bulls won 92-87 at home last November, while the Magic won a pair of games comfortably in Orlando (102-89 and 111-89).
* Chicago has lost three straight games after opening the season 3-0. Two of the three losses came to teams they had beaten in the 3-0 start, including Saturday’s 111-94 loss at Indiana (won 118-101 at home on October 29).
* In contrast to Chicago, the Magic have won three consecutive games after an 0-3 start. Friday’s 88-86 home win over the Wizards featured season bests for Orlando in points allowed and opponent field-goal percentage (.395).
* Evan Fournier’s scoring average has increased in each season of his career, from 5.3 per game as a rookie in 2012-13, to 8.4 in 2013-14, 12.0 in 2014-15, 15.4 last season, and 18.2 in the current season.
* Dwyane Wade was held to four points on 1-of-9 shooting in Saturday’s loss at Indiana. He had averaged 19.6 points on 46.5 percent shooting in his first five games, including a 35-point effort Friday night versus New York.
* Jimmy Butler is one of seven NBA players with at least 10 three-pointers and 40 free throws made this season. Boston’s Isaiah Thomas is the only other Eastern Conference player on the list.