* The Cavaliers have beaten the Bulls twice in a row after winning only twice in the previous 16 games in the series. Cleveland has not beaten Chicago three consecutive times since doing so in the 2008-09 season.
* Cleveland beat Miami last night, 113-93, for its second straight victory and 14th in the team’s last 15 games. Over that stretch, which started on January 15, the Cavs are averaging 108.6 points per game, second only to the Warriors (113.7).
* The Bulls beat the Kings on Tuesday, 104-86, for their third straight win after dropping the previous three contests. That win was only the club’s second win in their last six home games; prior to that, the Bulls had lost only twice in their previous 12 home games.
* Pau Gasol has recorded double-doubles in each of his last 13 games; that is the longest streak by any player this season and the longest by a Bull since Michael Jordan had 15 straight double-doubles in March-April 1989.
* In 21 career games at the United Center, LeBron James has averaged 30.2 points (634/21); he has higher career averages as a visitor against only four other teams (at Memphis, Utah, Oklahoma City, Phoenix).
* In his last five road games, Kevin Love has averaged 10.4 points on 32.1 percent shooting from the field (18/56) and 17.9 percent from the three-point line (5/28); in his last five home games, he has scored 19.2 points per contest, while making half of his field-goal attempts and 52.0 percent of his treys.