* Houston had won four consecutive games in this series prior to a 111-87 Bulls home win last March. Chicago has won five straight games versus Western Conference opponents.
* The Bulls have won nine of their last 10 games overall, most recently a 109-104 overtime defeat of the Celtics Saturday. Chicago shot just 37.0 percent from the field and 21.4 percent from three-point range (6/28) in the win.
* On back-to-back nights this past weekend, Houston suffered its worst loss of the season (111-83 at New Orleans Friday) and registered its biggest win of the season (115-79 versus Miami Saturday).
* James Harden is averaging 29.7 points in Houston wins this season – highest in the NBA – compared to 21.3 per game in losses.
* Dwight Howard had 23 points and 13 rebounds versus Miami Saturday. It was his ninth game this season with at least 20 points and 10 rebounds, tied for fourth most in the NBA.
* Pau Gasol tied a season high with 29 points versus the Celtics Saturday, adding 16 rebounds and five blocked shots. It was his first career game hitting each of those three minimums.