* The Bulls beat the Timberwolves, 106-105, when the two teams faced off earlier this season (November 1). Chicago is 9-1 (.900) versus Minnesota since 2009-10, its highest win percentage versus any opponent over that span.
* Chicago made just three three-pointers while posting a .176 three-point percentage (both Bulls’ single-game season-lows) in its 98-86 loss versus Charlotte on Wednesday, its second consecutive game scoring fewer than 90 points.
* The Timberwolves beat the Wizards, 97-77, on Wednesday. The 77 points are the fewest Minnesota has allowed this season and the 20-point win is its largest margin of victory this season.
* Pau Gasol had 25 points and 13 rebounds versus Charlotte on Wednesday, his 10th game with at least 25 points and 10 rebounds this season. The only season in which Gasol had more games with at least 25 points and 10 rebounds was in 2005-06 while with Memphis (14 games).
* Kevin Garnett scored five points on Wednesday, his first game back with the Timberwolves since being traded to the Celtics before the 2007-08 season. Garnett has scored 19,046 of Minnesota’s 200,851 total points all-time (9.5 percent), the third-highest percentage of a current franchise’s total points coming from one player.
* Kevin Martin scored 28 points on Wednesday, his sixth consecutive game with at least 20 points (the second-longest active streak in the NBA, entering the weekend; Oklahoma City’s Russell Westbrook – seven).