* The Blackhawks captured the first two meetings with San Jose this season, including a 4-3 overtime victory in Chicago on December 20. The Blackhawks are now 8-0-1 when facing the Sharks at home since March 2011.
* The Sharks matched a season high when they surrendered six goals at Nashville on Saturday. San Jose’s 6-2 loss also matched the team’s largest margin of defeat in 2015-16. But the Sharks have not lost consecutive games in over a month (January 2 and January 7).
* The Blackhawks have scored at least five goals in back-to-back games for the first time since December 23-28 in 2013 (three straight games). Chicago went 3-1-0 on the road trip it just concluded, winning the final three.
* By tallying a goal and an assist on Saturday, Joe Thornton has now recorded at least a point in 20 of 22 games since December 15. That’s the highest percentage (90.9) by any player over that span (minimum 10 games).
* After registering five assists over his past two games, Artemi Panarin has matched Bobby Hull in 1957-58 for the seventh-highest assist total ever by a Blackhawks rookie. Panarin’s mark is the highest by a Chicago rookie since Patrick Kane generated 51 in 2007-08.
* With a goal and three assists Saturday (February 6), Artem Anisimov matched his career high (1/19/2011) by scoring four points. Anisimov’s +3 rating also matched his career best, most recently achieved almost exactly four years ago (2/5/2012).