* Chicago won each of its two meetings with the Penguins last season, however, both of those contests were decided in a shootout. These teams will face each other again tomorrow in Chicago.
* The Penguins have won two straight and four of their last six games after posting just two victories in their previous 11 contests. Pittsburgh has won six of its last eight home games against the Blackhawks and last lost in regulation to them there back on February 22, 1997.
* The Blackhawks have scored a total of 14 goals during their current three game winning streak and will be looking to win four in a row for the second time this season. Chicago boasts the best power-play percentage among Western Conference teams this season at 23.6 percent.
* Sidney Crosby has scored at least one goal in three consecutive games (4 total) and will be looking to light the lamp in four in a row for the first time since doing so in five straight contests from December 20-28, 2010. Crosby has four points (2g, 2a) in six career games against the Blackhawks.
* Evgeni Malkin has three points in each of his last two games (1g, 5a) and has points in 10 of his last 12 home contests (11g, 7a). Malkin has recorded 26 of his 37 overall points at home so far this season.
* Artem Anisimov has lit the lamp in three consecutive games and will be looking to score a goal in four straight games for the second time in his career and first time since February 27-March 4, 2014. Anisimov has two points (1g, 1a) in his last 14 meetings with the Penguins.