* The Devils were blanked, 2-0, at home by the Blues on Tuesday night, snapping their two-game winning streak in the process. New Jersey has won four of its last five road tilts, with three of those victories coming by a single tally.
* Chicago beat Edmonton, 4-2, on Sunday night at United Center, snapping their two-game losing streak, and improving to 7-0-1 in last eight home tilts overall. The Blackhawks have netted at least four markers five times at home this season – tied with Montreal for most of any team in the league.
* New Jersey beat Chicago, 4-2, in these clubs’ first meeting of the season six days ago at Prudential Center. Dating to the beginning of 2008-09, the Blackhawks are 4-1-0 vs. the Devils at United Center.
* Lee Stempniak was kept off the score sheet Tuesday night after recording four points (1g, 3a) in his previous two skates. Including a goal and a helper six days ago, Stempniak has six points (2g, 4a) in his last four games vs. the Blackhawks.
* Patrick Kane recorded his first four-point game of the season Sunday night (1g, 3a). Including a goal in four straight games, Kane has 17 points (7g, 10a) during his current 10-game scoring streak – the longest point streak in the NHL this season.
* At 4-0-0, the Devils are one of just three clubs yet to lose when scoring the game’s first goal this season (Penguins and Blues are the others). Chicago is 0-5-0 when allowing the first goal in 2015-16 – worst in the NHL.