* The Devils fell to the Jets, 3-2, in Winnipeg on Tuesday, their third straight loss and sixth in the last seven games. Those seven followed a five-game winning streak that saw them allow two or fewer goals in each game. In their last seven, the Devils have allowed at least three goals in every game.
* The Blackhawks beat the Panthers, 2-1, in a shootout in Chicago on Tuesday, giving them a four-point lead over St. Louis in the Central Division and atop the Western Conference. They also improved to 6-0-3 in games that go to overtime, tied for the most wins in the league.
* These teams met on October 28 in New Jersey, with Chicago winning 3-2 in overtime after tying the game with just over two minutes left in the third period. It was one of just two losses at home for the Devils this season, both coming in overtime. New Jersey is 2-2 in its last four trips to the United Center.
* After missing six games to deal with a personal issue, Michael Cammalleri has come back strong, notching eight points in his four games since returning to the team. The team’s leading goal-scorer in 2014-15 had just six points in his first 12 games this season.
* Artemi Panarin has been hot for the Blackhawks, registering a point in five of his last seven games, and scoring the shootout winner in Tuesday’s game against Florida. Panarin isn’t scoring in bunches as often as he was earlier in the season – in his first 14 games, he had six multi-point games, but has zero in his last 10.
* The Devils have a home winning percentage of .889, but have gone just 3-7-3 on the road (.346). The .543 difference is the biggest in the league. At 9-1-2, the Blackhawks have the league’s fifth-best home winning percentage.