* The Blackhawks beat the Rangers, 2-1, in New York on Tuesday, four days after losing to them in Chicago. Since Corey Crawford was placed on the DL with appendicitis, the Blackhawks have allowed an average of 1.3 goals per game with Scott Darling in net.
* The Islanders lost to the Capitals on Tuesday, 4-2, at home, their second straight loss following a six-game point streak. New York has just three power-play goals since November 23, tied for the fewest in the league. The Islanders have also had just 24 power play opportunities in that span, tied with the Kings for the fewest in the league.
* Chicago has had the edge in this matchup recently, going 7-1-1 against the Islanders since 2010-11. In those games, the Blackhawks have outscored them by an average of 3.3-2.0. The last time these teams met, John Tavares racked up a career-high 14 penalty minutes, thanks to a game misconduct penalty.
* Artem Anisimov started the year hot, getting an 11-game point streak in the end of October and early November. He had cooled off a bit, but has picked it up again, notching six points in his last seven games, including a goal and an assist against the Rangers on Tuesday.
* Brock Nelson has seen a similar pattern in his season – after opening the season with a point in five straight games, he now has six in his last nine. His 0.64 points per game would be a career high, and he sits second on the team in points with 18.
* The Islanders have gotten 19 of their 72 goals from their defensemen, which is 26.4 percent, the highest in the league. Chicago has gotten just nine of their 81 goals from blueliners, tied for the seventh-lowest percentage in the league.