* The Wild have won each of their two games played versus the Blackhawks this season and four straight versus Chicago dating back to last season, tied for the team’s second-longest win streak versus the Blackhawks all-time (won nine straight versus Chicago spanning the 2005-06 and 2007-08 seasons).
* The Blackhawks scored three power-play goals in their 5-3 road win versus the Rangers on Wednesday, their second consecutive game with at least three power-play goals scored. The last team with at least three power-play goals in three consecutive games was the Anaheim Mighty Ducks, who did so in three straight in March of 2006.
* The Wild won, 5-2, at Edmonton on Thursday, their third straight win and third consecutive game with five goals scored. Minnesota has never scored five or more goals in four consecutive games before.
* Rookie Artemi Panarin scored three of Chicago’s five goals on Wednesday (his first career hat trick). Prior to Panarin, the last Blackhawks rookie to record a hat trick was Tyler Arnason, who did so at San Jose on December 28, 2002.
* Patrick Kane, who scored Chicago’s only goal when the Blackhawks lost to the Wild on December 1, has recorded at least one point in nine of his 10 games played versus the Wild since the start of the 2013-14 season. Kane’s 15 points versus Minnesota since 2013-14 are tied for his most points versus any team over that span (also versus Colorado and Dallas).
* Charlie Coyle scored a goal at Edmonton on Thursday, his third straight game with a goal. Coyle has now totaled eight goals since January 20, fifth most in the NHL over that span (entering the weekend).