* The Kings lost, 4-1, in Minnesota on Saturday night, snapping their three-game winning streak in the process. Los Angeles is 6-1-1 in its last eight road tilts overall.
* Chicago beat Winnipeg, 4-3, at MTS Centre last night, snapping its two-game losing streak with the win. The Blackhawks are 7-5-1 in the second of back-to-back tilts in 2014-15.
* Los Angeles and Chicago have split two meetings this season, both of which were played at Staples Center. Including two straight victories, the Blackhawks are 9-2-1 in their last 12 regular-season games against the Kings at United Center.
* Jeff Carter had a helper Saturday night, giving him a goal and two assists during his current three-game point streak. Carter has five points (2g, 3a) in his last three skates against the Blackhawks.
* Jonathan Toews netted the game-winner for the Blackhawks last night, and now has a goal in back-to-back skates, and 25 markers in 2014-15 overall – his sixth career 25+ goal season. Toews has five multi-point performances in his last eight regular-season games against the Kings.
* With a 23-0-0 mark when leading after two periods this season, Chicago is the only NHL club yet to lose a game when entering the third stanza with a lead.