* The Blackhawks beat the Panthers, 3-0, in Sunrise last night, and have now won two straight since a season-long three-game losing streak (February 18-22). Chicago is 27-2-1 (.917) when netting at least three goals in 2014-15 – tied with the Red Wings for second best in the league (Montreal is 28-1-2, .935).
* Tampa Bay dropped a 5-4 decision to the Avalanche at Pepsi Center last Sunday night, finishing up its season-long tying five-game road trip with a mark of 3-2-0. The Lightning have scored at least four goals 26 times (25-1-0 record) in 2014-15 – most of any team in the league.
* Chicago defeated Tampa Bay, 3-2, in a shootout in the clubs’ first meeting of the season at United Center on November 11, snapping its five-game losing streak vs. the Lightning in the process. Five of the last six games between the Hawks and Bolts have needed either overtime or a shootout to decide a victor.
* Marian Hossa had two helpers last night, giving him 12 points in his last 10 skates, and an NHL-high tying five multi-point games since February 8 (tied with Henrik Sedin). Including a career-high five-assist performance on January 4, 2001, Hossa has 19 career multi-point games vs. the Lightning – fourth most among active players.
* Tyler Johnson lit the lamp for the fourth time in his last six games last Sunday night, and has 10 points (6g, 4a) in his last 10 skates overall. Johnson is pointless in three career games vs. the Blackhawks.
* Chicago is 6-4-1 (.591) in the second of back-to-back tilts this season (tied for 8th best in NHL). Tampa Bay is 13-3-2 (.778) when getting two or more days off between games in 2014-15 (3rd best in the league).