* The Blackhawks defeated the Jets, 6-2, at United Center on Thursday night. Emergency goaltender Scott Foster, a 36-year-old Chicago accountant, was called on in relief in the third period, where he stopped all seven shots he faced. The last emergency goaltender to appear in a game was Carolina equipment manager Jorge Alves, who logged seven seconds in net for the Hurricanes last season.
* Colorado lost, 2-1, to the Flyers on Wednesday night. The Avs have lost three of four after earning points in 11 of their previous 12 and sit one point out of the Wild Card with five games left to play.
* The Avalanche have picked up points (2-0-1) in each of the three meetings with the Blackhawks this season, most recently winning 5-1 in Chicago on March 20. The Avalanche have won the last two meetings in Colorado and look to win three straight home matchups against Chicago for the first time since 2003. (November 25, 2002 – October 10, 2003).
* Alex DeBrincat logged a goal and an assist on Thursday for his second-straight multi-point game. He looks to become just the fifth Blackhawks rookie since 1989-90 to record multiple points in three straight games, and the first to accomplish the feat since Artemi Panarin in April 2016.
* Erik Johnson has recorded a point in each of his last two games after tallying only two points over the previous 15 games. He looks to score a point in three straight for the third time this season, which would be his most point streaks of at least three games in a season since 2013-14 (four).
* The trio of Nathan MacKinnon (92 points), Mikko Rantanen (80), and Gabriel Landeskog (57) has totaled 229 points this season, the most among any trio in the Western Conference. The Avs are 17-3-4 (.792) when each of them records a point.