* Chicago beat Pittsburgh, 3-2, in overtime last night at CONSOL Energy Center, winning its season-high tying fourth straight tilt in a row. The Blackhawks have scored three or more goals 24 times in 2015-16 (tied for third most in the NHL).
* Pittsburgh has taken at least one point from four straight games (2-0-2 record), and is 4-1-2 in its last seven contests overall. The Penguins have not allowed a power-play goal in seven straight games – tied for the longest active streak in the league.
* These clubs have played 11 times since the lockout, with seven of those tilts needing either overtime or a shootout to decide a winner. Chicago is 4-0-1 in its last five skates vs. Pittsburgh at United Center.
* Sidney Crosby potted one goal last night, and now has five markers during his current season-high four-game goal streak. Crosby has lit the lamp six times in his last six skates overall (had six goals in first 32 games of the season).
* Artemi Panarin lit the lamp twice last night, garnering first-star accolades, and giving him 13 markers on the season – tied with Jack Eichel for second most of any NHL rookie (Dylan Larkin – 14). Panarin is one of four Chicago skaters with at least 13 goals in 2015-16 (tied with Dallas for most of any team in the league).
* Pittsburgh is 2-5-1 (.313) in the second of back-to-back games this season – sixth worst in the NHL. Chicago is 4-3-1 (.563) in the second of back-to-back contests in 2015-16 (tied for 12th best in the league).