Which Black Friday appliance deals are best?
Chances are you’ve shopped for small appliances on Black Friday, but did you know that you can also find amazing deals on major appliances during the sales extravaganza? In fact, Black Friday is one of the top sales events of the year for buying major appliances at deep discounts.
Whether you are looking for a toaster oven to give as a holiday gift or an entire set of major appliances to update your kitchen, it’s a great idea to take advantage of Black Friday appliance deals. To get you started, we analyzed previous years’ sales data and put together a list of appliances that stand a good chance of being discounted on the huge sales day.
Benefits of shopping for Black Friday appliance deals
In addition to the anticipation and excitement of shopping on Black Friday, there are other good reasons to shop for appliances on the day after Thanksgiving.
- There’s typically a large selection of discounted items to choose from.
- Expect major discounts of 10, 20, 30% and more.
- You’ll find quality appliances by trusted brands in the sales.
- Manufacturers often release new models into the market at the end of the year.
Don’t wait until the last minute to plan for shopping Black Friday appliance deals. Follow our tips below so you don’t miss out on the products you want most.
- Decide which appliances you plan to buy. If you are in the market for a new refrigerator, range, microwave, washer and dryer or other appliance, we advise evaluating your needs and favorite brands so you’ll be prepared when it’s time to shop.
- Shop early. Products that go on sale on Black Friday often go out of stock quickly, as their discounted prices are too good to miss. We recommend using our roundup of products below as your guide for selecting must-have appliances.
- Look for appliances with the Energy Star rating. These appliances have met specific energy-efficient guidelines that guarantee energy savings. This translates into money savings for you. Check product descriptions where you’ll find information regarding Energy Star certification.
- Review your budget. This will help you narrow down the appliances you want and can afford. The good news is that items in a wide range of prices to fit every budget are available on sale during Black Friday.
- Get email alerts that will help you shop and save. From appliances to toys, electronics to fashions and more, the BestReviews email newsletter has you covered. When you sign up, we’ll send out timely notifications about deals, new products and special sales days including Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Top Black Friday appliance deals
These top, name-brand appliances are definitely worth buying, especially when you can find them on sale. Based on previous years’ data, here are some of the appliances we expect to see on sale this Black Friday.
This sleek refrigerator features a roomy French-door design with an interior water dispenser. It offers proprietary ExtendFresh technology that keeps food fresh longer. The stainless steel exterior looks great in modern and high-end kitchens.
A powerful 1,000-watt microwave that’s built to impress with an attractive design and numerous presets and power functions. You’ll also appreciate the built-in convection technology that cooks fast and produces precise results.
Sold by Amazon
Clean-up is a snap with this electric GE range that has a ceramic glass cooktop that wipes clean with ease. Other highlights include four burners, a digital display and a spacious storage drawer.
Samsung’s Sensor-Dry technology takes the guesswork out of choosing the best drying cycles, which makes this top-load gas dryer an efficient machine. The huge 7.5-cubic-foot capacity provides ample drying space for large loads.
Sold by Home Depot
With a 126-can capacity, this beverage fridge is perfect for stocking up on your favorite drinks. Its removable shelves make it versatile for stashing bottles too.
In addition to a fingerprint-resistant stainless steel finish and quiet operation, this stylish dishwasher has the brand’s Advanced Clean Water Wash System that makes dishes sparkle. We love the third rack that adds even more space to the generous interior.
Bake, air fry, broil, toast and more right from your countertop with this air fryer/toaster oven combo. It’s a top-selling model for its versatility and compact size, plus it’s quiet to operate and easy to clean.
Anyone with limited space will appreciate the compact yet versatile Spacemaker electric washer and dryer combo. It can accommodate a wide range of laundry needs, thanks to the 11 wash cycles and auto-load sensing technology.
The intuitive smart Family Hub, a fingerprint-resistant finish and large capacity make this Samsung fridge ideal for large households. Despite its size and numerous features, it boasts the Energy Star rating that certifies its ability to save energy.
At almost 7 cubic feet, the interior of this NewAir freezer has ample space to store extra frozen food, even though the space-saving design has a compact footprint. Its digital temperature controls are simple to set and adjust.
If you are shopping for a microwave with limited space and funds, chances are this Amazon microwave will impress you. Not only is it compact and affordable, but it includes built-in Alexa voice control — a surprising feature for such a low price.
Sold by Amazon
This feature-packed range is designed for avid home cooks as well as high-end kitchens. It features a gas cooktop and roomy electric convection oven in one premium appliance. It also offers smart technology with Wi-Fi connectivity for next-level baking and cooking.
Sold by Home Depot
Sign up here to receive the BestReviews weekly newsletter for useful advice on new products and noteworthy deals.
Jennifer Manfrin writes for BestReviews. BestReviews has helped millions of consumers simplify their purchasing decisions, saving them time and money.
Copyright 2021 BestReviews, a Nexstar company. All rights reserved.