1. TO ENTER: No purchase necessary to enter. To enter, log on to wgntv.com and click on the “WGN Morning News Exclusive” contest logo. Fill out the entry form with your name, e-mail, address and phone and (optional) please “like” WGN-TV’s Facebook page.
All entries become the property of WGN-TV. WGN-TV is not responsible for entries that are lost, incomplete, garbled, corrupted, late, or misdirected, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical difficulties or inability to transmit/receive Internet entries complete the registration form. Entrants must use their own names. Entries become the property of WGN and will not be returned. WGN is not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical or wireless difficulties or inability to transmit Internet or text entries.
2. ENTRY DEADLINE: The contest runs from December 1 at 8 am CST through Friday, December 8 2017 at 12pm CST.
3. SELECTION OF WINNERS: After the promotion ends on Friday, December 8 2017, one entry will be drawn randomly for all entries and be deemed the Grand Prize Winner, subject to eligibility verification. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Winner will be notified by e-mail or phone. If the Winner does not come forward or cannot be found within 48 hours of e-mail notification or is otherwise found to be ineligible, then another Winner shall be chosen in a second random drawing from all remaining eligible entries from that day. Entrants agree that WGN-TV has the sole right to determine the winner of the contest and all matters or disputes arising from the contest and that its determination is final and binding. Only one winner will be awarded per household.
4. THE PRIZES: There will be one Grand Prize Winner who will receive: Six-pack of 3 day passes to the Windy City LakeShake Festival coming June 22-24 at FirstMerit Pavilion at Northerly Island (ARV: $175.50/ each).
The prize will be forfeited if the winner fails to claim prize by deadline, fails to execute the prepared forms of release and waiver, or if the selected winner is not eligible in accordance with these rules. Prizes are not assignable or transferable. Tickets for June event may be ‘will call’ or may be ticketed; winner must be able to pick up their tickets at WGN-TV, 2501 Bradley Place Chicago, IL. 60618 if event is ticketed.
Entrants understand that Sponsors are not liable for injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising from participation in this promotion and acceptance, possession, and use of prize. Prizes are not assignable or transferable, and cannot be traded, auctioned off or resold. Federal, state and local taxes, if any, are solely the responsibility of the winner, who will receive a 1099 tax form reflecting the actual value of the prize if the prize value exceeds $600.
5. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS:
a. This contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of WGN-TV, Live nation (“Contest Sponsors”), and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and advertising/promotion agencies are not eligible to participate.
b. Entrants must be 16 years of age or older at time of entry, a U.S. citizen, and a resident of Illinois or Northwest Indiana.
c. Winners who have won a prize from WGN-TV since June 8, 2017 are ineligible and will be disqualified.
6. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
a. Use of winner’s name: By entering, each entrant grants permission, without further compensation, to the Contest Sponsors, their agents and licensees, to use the entrant’s name, voice, photograph, likeness and biographical material for promotional purposes in connection with the contest.
b. Execution of Affidavit and Release: By entering, each entrant agrees that if selected as the winner, he/she will sign a release and waiver of liability. The prize will be forfeited and awarded to another entrant if the winner does not execute the prepared form of release and waiver within thirty days of the contest, or if the selected winner is not eligible in accordance with these rules.
c. Release of Liability: By entering, entrants agree to release Contest Sponsors from any claim, loss, liability, damage or injury of any kind arising from their participation in the contest, or their receipt or use of the contest prize, and any contest-related travel or activity.
d. Prize Substitutions: No substitute prizes are available; however, Contest Sponsors may, at their discretion, substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. If the prize becomes unavailable for any reason, WGN-TV reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable value.
7. INTERNET/FORCE MAJEURE: If for any reason, this contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the contest, WGN-TV reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Contest or any portion of the Contest. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE CONTEST. Information submitted in Internet entries, including entrant’s name, address, e-mail address, etc, shall become the property of WGN-TV, and may be used by WGN-TV for marketing or promotional purposes. Contest shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Illinois law, excluding choice of law provisions.
9. COPY OF RULES: A copy of the rules is available at WGNtv.com or by sending an envelope to: WGN-TV “ LAKESHAKE GIVEAWAY” Rules, 2501 W. Bradley Place, Chicago, IL 60618 by December 1, 2017, or go to www.wgntv.com
10. WINNERS LIST: Can be obtained by sending an envelope to WGN-TV “GIVEAWAY LAKESHAKE” Winner List, 2501 W. Bradley Place, Chicago, IL 60618 after December 8, 2017 and before January 8, 2018