CHICAGO — The body of a woman recently reported missing has been found in Lakeview.
The medical examiner’s office identified the woman as 41-year-old Kendra Gardner.
Her death has been ruled a homicide.
Chicago police said Gardner was found in the front seat of the car by a woman who was walking in the neighborhood on the 3000 block of North Clifton Avenue around 4:30 p.m. Tuesday.
According to police, Gardner was slumped over in the car with injuries to her neck. A police source said the description of the woman matches that of a woman reported missing last weekend. Gardner’s last known location was on the Far South Side.
Area Three detectives are investigating.
LATEST WGN NEWS HEADLINES:
- New leaders, new era: US-Israel relations reach crossroads
- Downside of ditching masks: Return of winter-like viruses, especially in kids
- Sunday Brunch: Shrimp/Avocado and Citrus Salad
- Severe thunderstorms likely across the Chicago area this afternoon/evening
- Sunday Forecast: Warm temperatures with severe storms possible later on